Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 cups of roasted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp oil (optional, for a creamier texture)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread the roasted peanuts on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until they are lightly golden and fragrant.
- Let the peanuts cool for a few minutes, then transfer them to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse the peanuts for about 1 minute until they are coarsely chopped.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue processing for another minute, until the peanuts start to release their oils and become smoother.
- At this point, you can add any optional ingredients such as salt, honey or maple syrup, and oil.
- Continue processing until the peanut butter reaches your desired consistency. This may take anywhere from 3-10 minutes depending on the power of your food processor or blender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the peanut butter to a clean jar and store in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks.
Enjoy your homemade roasted peanut butter on toast, as a dip for fruits and veggies, or in your favorite recipes!