- 4 slices of bread (stale bread works best)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut your bread into bite-sized cubes. If your bread is fresh, leave it out for a few hours to dry out a bit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the bread cubes to the bowl and toss them around until they are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Spread the bread cubes out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the croutons for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Check on them every 5 minutes and give them a stir to ensure they cook evenly.
- Once they are done, remove the croutons from the oven and let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
That’s it! You can use these homemade croutons to add crunch and flavor to salads, soups, and other dishes. Enjoy!