Crisp Banana Chips
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°F (93°C).
- Peel the bananas and slice them into thin rounds (around 1/8 inch thick).
- Place the sliced bananas onto a paper towel and pat them dry to remove any excess moisture.
- In a large pan, heat up the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the sliced bananas into the pan. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan – you may need to cook them in batches.
- Fry the bananas for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chips from the oil and place them onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Sprinkle the banana chips with salt to taste.
- Once all the banana chips are cooked and salted, place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 1-2 hours, flipping the chips over halfway through the baking time.
- The banana chips are done when they are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Enjoy your homemade crispy banana chips as a healthy snack!