Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley or green onions for garnish (optional)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, and celery to the bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in the sweet corn kernels and continue microwaving for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth (or water) and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder if using. Stir well.
- Microwave the mixture for 5-6 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave (it will be hot), and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the soup until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids; use a kitchen towel to cover the blender lid to prevent splatters.
- Return the blended soup to the microwave-safe bowl, add the milk or cream, and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. If the soup is too thick, you can add a bit more milk or broth to reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or green onions if you like.
Your microwave sweet corn soup is now ready to enjoy! Remember to handle hot bowls and liquids with care.