Vegetable Spring Roll
- 10-12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrot and bell pepper to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the cabbage and bean sprouts to the wok and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add this mixture to the wok and stir-fry for another minute until the vegetables are coated in the sauce.
- Remove the wok from the heat and let the vegetable mixture cool for a few minutes.
- To assemble the spring rolls, place a wrapper on a clean surface and spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides, and roll up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling until you have made all the spring rolls.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add a few spring rolls at a time and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the spring rolls from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the spring rolls hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious vegetarian spring rolls!