- 2 cups grated potatoes (about 2 medium-sized potatoes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- Grate the potatoes and squeeze out any excess moisture using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the grated potatoes, chopped onions, grated cheese (if using), all-purpose flour, and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the mixture, adjusting the amount as needed, to create a slightly sticky and cohesive mixture. This will help bind the patties together in the absence of eggs.
- Heat some cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Take a portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a patty. Place it in the hot skillet.
- Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy. You may need to add more oil if necessary.
- Once cooked, transfer the eggless potato patties to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve your delicious eggless breakfast potato patties hot with your favorite dipping sauce or alongside other breakfast items.
Enjoy your eggless breakfast potato patties!