Nankhatai In Oven
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Almonds or pistachios for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, add the ghee and powdered sugar. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cardamom powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well to form a smooth dough. Do not knead the dough too much.
- Make small balls from the dough, flatten them slightly, and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough space between each cookie as they will expand while baking.
- Press a piece of almond or pistachio on top of each cookie.
- Bake the nankhatai in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges turn slightly brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Serve the nankhatai with tea or coffee.
Enjoy your homemade nankhatai!