- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and oil. Mix well. Add water a little at a time to make a stiff dough. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add onions and ginger and fry until onions are translucent.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric, and chili powder. Fry for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add mashed potatoes and peas to the frying pan. Mix well. Add salt to taste. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Roll each ball into a circle about 5 inches in diameter.
- Cut the circle in half. Take one half and make a cone by bringing the two ends of the straight edge together, overlapping them by about 1/2 inch. Pinch the edges together to seal.
- Fill the cone with the potato filling. Pinch the top edge together to seal.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry the samosas until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Aloo Samosas!