Bun Bread in oven
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Add the yeast mixture, warm milk, melted butter, and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon or a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment until the dough forms and comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover with a clean towel. Let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place them onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover the dough balls with a clean towel and let them rise for another 20-30 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the buns with melted butter and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they become golden brown on top.
- Remove the buns from the oven and transfer them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, slice the buns in half and use them for burgers, sandwiches, or any other recipe that calls for bun bread.
Enjoy your freshly baked homemade bun bread!